Sunday, December 9, 2007

Breathe

..

This past week was insane.

I handed in one 20 page paper and another 25 page paper and I had a 7 page research paper, plus preparing for WCF for that week (but I like that) and whatnot (I only say this so that you know what I mean when I say insane and in case this week was the same for you so you know I can empathize with you...I know others had craziness too).

Monday I was able to spend time with some friends to catch up and I tried to do work, and got a little done, but it wasn't good in the end. When I got to my room at night I told my roommate and realized that something had been missing. I forgot about God. In all I was doing I simply forgot about Him. I prayed that He would not let me forget again and the next day He reminded me and I spent about an hour with Him.

One thing He told me was that while I am swimming under the water trying to get everything done for school and stuff, that He still wants to show things. He told me to remember to come to the surface, breathe, and look around at the sky.

It makes sense since that taking a breath would calm the anxiety of trying to get everything done 'under the water.' I did remember. That day God gave me such a peace and an ability to focus. It was good.

And I remembered to go up and breathe every now and then to 'be' with Him throughout the week. It wasn't a perfect week. I was not always at peace and I was not always happy, but I knew God was with me and He wanted to show me amazing things, and He did.

So when you are 'under the water,' deep in business, remember that God still wants to show you amazing things. He still wants to teach you to love. Maybe He will comfort you so you can comfort others.

Go up. Breathe. Look around at the sky.

No comments: