Friday, December 21, 2007

Loving, Listening, and Holding

I was talking with a very good friend of mine tonight and Deuteronomy was brought up : ) This reminded me of what I read the other day that was really great, and I have yet to really take enough time to meditate on it, or maybe I have tried too hard to think about it.

It's simple.

First, Moses writes a little summary of the past many chapters and he basically says to the nation of Israel, "I have laid out for you a choice. If you love the LORD your God, walk in His ways, and keep His covenant for your relationship (His commands, decrees, and laws), then you will live and be blessed in all the ways I have described for you. If your hearts turn from His love, if you choose to disobey and you turn to other things to fulfill you, you will be cursed in all the ways I have described. So I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses."

Ok, now check this out. He says "So now, choose life that you may love the LORD your God, listen to His voice, and hold fast to Him."

We are called to love, listen, and hold fast.

No comments: