Sunday, February 24, 2008

Pity & Love

My thoughts continue to be drawn towards my response to the marginalized.

I have had so many encounters that I could write about. I think that what I really struggle with is the concept of pity.

it seems that...

In pity we look down at someone and remain in our position,
In love we go to them and look into their eyes.

I do not want to just give people money, walk away or have them walk away, and then forget them or have them believe I will forget them. I want to hear their "voice." I desire for them to know that I care about their life.

I am still learning how I can love the poor.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

I'm glad to read that you are meeting and engaging in the lives of the marginalized in Lima. With you in prayer bud...

Katy Schu said...

Oh Lemur...this is just what I needed tonight. Know that i have been keeping you in prayer brother, and you are being thought of often. I'm sorry I haven't consistantly written to you...but know I am consistently lifting you, your team, and God's ministry up. You are such a blessing, and I am excited to one day hear all your stories from this experience :}