Sunday, November 25, 2007

Last night I was walking back to Nate's place after the coffee shop closed and I decided to wander around Wheaton randomly to talk with God. He told me to "Be still." I knew it wasn't literal, so I kept walking, but I let my mind rest. I thought simply about Him and nothing at same time. Then I was reminded "seek first the kingdom of God." This was a big lesson God was teaching me last year that I needed to be reminded of. As I let myself be in these simple thoughts, I felt peace about things in my life that I did not understand.

As I walked I asked myself what I would do if all I had was my backpack and no place to stay for the night...if I did not have a home. I thought about how it would feel. I started to wonder what the street kids felt like in Lima, where their mind went sniffing glue in the day and while they were sleeping in trash at night. It's something I cannot understand.

I thought about where I would sleep. I found a nice place behind some tall bushes behind a wall. There were still leaves there and it was pretty hidden, so I would have padding from the ground to keep more heat in my body and I couldn't get found and kicked out by a cop or something. Then I thought about looking for a shelter where I could get help in finding a job and getting back on my feet somehow. That would have to happen the next day.

Then I kept walking and took a seat on a bench to "Be still." I talked more with God. Even with the good times, thanksgiving break was hard.

No matter how dark it gets, within a matter of time the sun will rise.

No comments: