Monday, July 27, 2009

Leon in Korea

.
While traveling I was pretty tired and wishing I wasn't leaving the students in Central Asia, so I wasn’t really up for looking around to see if I could help anyone. It was tempting to think, "I'm traveling to begin ministry somewhere else. Why should I look to go out of my way to share the kingdom of God in transition?" Even so, I still prayed that if someone needed me, God would put them in my path and the Holy Spirit would help me share the kingdom of God with them .

When the plane landed in Seoul, Korea I noticed another guy who looked like he was from Europe (the only one). I was already making conversation with some Korean guys I had met on the plane (in English of course : ), but as we made our way to customs I felt that I should introduce myself.

The Korean guys gave me their information and went ahead. I said hello and began making small-talk. It turned out that he was from Holland, had a business in Central Asia, and was visiting a friend in Korea and might be here for some time. His name was Leon.

Our flight was four hours late making our arrival around 1:30am. Because of the time his friend wasn’t able to pick him up, which meant that he had no where to go, no phone, and everything was closed down. Here was God's answer.

I went through customs with him and in the end he joined me and slept in the room my host had prepared for me. During our time together he shared with me about his life and I was able to share about my life and what living for the kingdom of God meant to me.

Today I said goodbye as he went on his way to find his friend. We exchanged information so I hope to see him more while I’m here.

For the next week I’ll be helping with an English camp and then see what else is in the Plan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

proud of you, Joel. be what GOd made you to be. i appreciate your thoughts on resting in Him. you can. we all can. i could spill some preachy metaphor to illustrate what i mean, but who cares? man, you are who you are and you can't change that. embrace it. now that's freedom. i hope you get loads of it.

trev